Branch Hill Farm / Carl Siemon Family Charitable Trust is seeking a part-time “Farmer-Educator” to work with the Educational Programming Coordinator to implement the new Teen Apprenticeship Program. In this role, you will put equal amounts of time in both roles of “farmer” and “educator”, often demonstrating a task and then working alongside apprentices and volunteers in the CSA gardens to complete that task.
You are an ideal candidate if you are passionate about small-scale local food and farming. You love to be outside working with your hands AND are comfortable supervising teen apprentices. We are looking for someone who will bring their whole self to the position: all of your interests, skills, background, and experiences are needed to have maximum genuine impact in the lives of the teen apprentices. Your
passions might include any of the following: any topic in agriculture, science, team building and outdoor education, herbalism/wild edibles, art, meditation or yoga, music/storytelling skills, peace building or conflict resolution, woodworking or construction, food preservation, and more!
● Demonstrated ability and joy for working and teaching outdoors, in all weather.
● Adaptable and creative.
● Strong communication and collaboration skills. Willingness to learn, ask questions, give and
receive feedback, and eager to help where needed.
● Willing to be resourceful and solve day-to-day problems on the fly.
● Excited at the chance to be a part of the development of something totally new, and flexible
enough to roll with the inevitable hiccups that will come.
● Given the nature of farming, the ability to sustain heavy physical labor often involving stooping,
kneeling, crouching, and lifting objects up to 30 lbs.
● Driver’s License and reliable transportation
● CPR/1st Aid Certified (will provide if needed)
● At least 21 years old
Nice to have:
● Training or education in the fields of agriculture, horticulture, and/or outdoor education
● 1-2 years’ experience working with adolescent youth whether on a professional or volunteer basis.
Specific experiential education experience is a plus.
● 1-2 years’ experience working on a farm, with at least some exposure to organic/no-
till/sustainable/chemical-free/small-scale vegetable production.
To Apply or Learn More:
Please send your resume and cover letter to BranchhillfarmCSA@gmail.com . Position is open until filled, but
we are looking to find our Farmer-Educator by February 1st, 2023.
Please note that our website is under construction and may not be up to date. We are excited to speak
with you directly in the interview process to answer all your questions!