ASSISTANT FARM MANAGER
Carl Siemon Family Charitable Trust/ Branch Hill Farm
Milton Mills, NH 03852
The Carl Siemon Family Charitable Trust/Branch Hill Farm is seeking a motivated and knowledgeable person to assist in all aspects of the management and maintenance of the farm property and farm equipment at Branch Hill Farm located in Milton Mills, New Hampshire. Skilled and resourceful with an interest in sustainable forest and field management, the Assistant Farm Manager provides the attention and care involved in maintaining Branch Hill Farm’s conservation lands while fulfilling the purposes of the Carl Siemon Family Charitable Trust, a private operating foundation. The following are the stated purposes from Article II of Trust’s Organizational Document.
- to provide educational programs to the public concerning the preservation of fields, forests and wildlife;
- to preserve, protect, and maintain the fields and forests located on the Real Property;
- to preserve, protect and enhance the variety of native wildlife located on the Real Property;
- to preserve, protect and enhance the quality of other natural resources and features of the Real Property including but not limited to air and water;
- to provide multiple public use of the Real Property provided that such use is not detrimental to the purposes set forth above.
- Full time
- Milton Mills, New Hampshire
• High School graduate or equivalency
• The ideal candidate will have 1+ years of farm experience or comparable outdoor work and is ready to join a team with energy, knowledge, readiness to learn new skills, and a no-task-too-small attitude
• Keen interest to apprentice with farm manager to learn multiple farm tasks and skills including equipment repair and maintenance; welding; orchard, hayfield, woodlot, and woodland trail maintenance.
• Mechanical aptitude and experience with operation and maintenance of power tools,
• Interested in production of local foods utilizing natural/organic methods.
• A self-starter who understands the end goal, and works both independently and collaboratively to achieve objectives and key results
• A critical thinker who is a problem solver with a transparent & honest approach to problems, but not afraid to ask for help
• Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in fast-paced sometimes weather dependent situations
• Willing to be flexible and resilient in the work environment to accomplish tasks and activities that arise spontaneously or are outside of a prescribed job description to achieve business objectives
• Experience in taking projects through to completion
• Able to lift 40 pound bales repeatedly and comfortable working for long hours
• Comfortable being able to present to various members of the organization
• Valid driver’s license and means of transportation
• Verification of full Covid-19 vaccination status, approved by CSFCT/BHF before start of employment
• This position will report directly to the Executive Director
• The Assistant Farm Manager will be expected to learn many aspects of our farm operations and will be cross trained in most aspects of farm management and upkeep to support consistent production with the Farm Manager
• General upkeep and maintenance of the Branch Hill Farm equipment, campus, rental properties, trails, gates and fencing
• Assist the Farm Manager with orchard and hay production, field work, invasive control, and sustainable forestry projects, trail maintenance and enhancement.
• Work closely and collaborate with the Farm Manager and ED to ensure trust mission and initiatives are achieved
• Assisting in Educational Outreach Events sponsored by BHF such as the Woods Water Wildlife Festival, Branch River Paddle, Forestry workshops
• Assist the Farm Manager in ensuring quality of work and standards enforcement
• $20.00- 25.00+/- an hour
• CSFCT SIMPLE IRA retirement plan participation.
• Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
• Possibility of QSEHRA reimbursement or HSA account
Substance Abuse Policy
· There is zero tolerance for substance abuse while on the job.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com