Branch Hill Farm Conservation
In 1996, after careful consideration, Carl Siemon decided to change the organizational structure of Branch Hill Farm from his ownership to a Private Operating Foundation. The Carl Siemon Family Charitable Trust was formed, and is recognized by the IRS as a §501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and is registered with New Hampshire Attorney General Charitable Trusts Unit.
The purposes of the Carl Siemon Family Charitable Trust as listed in Article II of the Trust's Organizational Documents are as follows:
- to provide educational programs to the public concerning the preservation of fields, forests and wildlife;
- to preserve, protect, and maintain the fields and forests located on the Real Property;
- to preserve, protect and enhance the variety of native wildlife located on the Real Property;
- to preserve, protect and enhance the quality of other natural resources and features of the Real Property including but not limited to air and water; and
- to provide multiple public use of the Real Property provided that such use is not detrimental to the purposes set forth above.